March 4, 2021
link to facebook link to twitter
More Stories
SMART and others offer free rides to COVID-19 vaccine appointment Accidents on the rise Sebastopol endorses climate action platform Some residents question Cotati police survey Transgender Day of Visibility - 2021 CRPUSD Special Board report Gunman, getaway driver and gun stasher from September Healdsburg shooting plead no contest State suspends certain debt collection activities Child abuse surges in times of crisis NOAH receives a gift of a generator Sonoma County vaccine rollout hits benchmark Morris Street encampment: Why is it permitted? March 2021 Dates to remember City Council report Rohnert Park Cotati Council touches on evictions and traffic Assault on federal agents Sakaki participates in Governor’s Recovery with Equity Taskforce Gang member sentenced for his role in Jacobs Park shooting Sen. Dodd responds to school reopening proposal Former Caltrans employee gets sentenced in bribery case Repeat sex offender receives life sentence NorCal Teqers have medals on the mind Sebastopol names Kevin Kilgore new police chief CRPUSD wrestles with In-Person Learning League of Women Voters hosts panelists on West County Special Election Sebastopol pulls additional $1.8 million from reserves CORRECTION: Felony robbery suspect captured after pursuit Software engineer sentenced for Bodega Bay assaults Sex offender denied request for pardon Highlight contributions of African Americans RP City Council report Financials, proclamations and more Planning Commission and Annexation Backyard birds threatened by Salmonella outbreak Age of eligibility for vaccines to drop to 70 in West County Man sentenced to nine years in prison for beating pregnant girlfriend BBB Scam Alert: Phony Amazon callers are phishing for your info

So. Co. is here to connect with you

November 8, 2019

South County Farm Bureau needs your help to find those in the agriculture community who have been impacted by the recent wildfires and individuals who are willing to help.

The Kincade fire created widespread and lasting damages within the agricultural community. We are working to compile resources necessary for recovery.

Farmers and ranchers, if you need help don’t hesitate to reach out. Call 707-544-5575 or email For emergency situations contact Tawny Tesconi at 707-480-6947 or email

In 2017 the FSA was listed to offer various types of support to affected farmers, such as:

Emergency Loan Program (this is a loan with interest).

Livestock Indemnity Program (dead animals).

Emergency Conservation Program (debris removal/fence replacement/drip, above ground pipeline, tanks).

Tree Assistance Program (cost share to help replant trees or vines).

Emergency Assistance for livestock Program. (Pasture losses, stored feed losses including honeybees and fish farm losses).

Wildfire Hurricane Indemnity Program + (WHIP+) (tree and vine losses, production losses for insured crops).

Livestock Forage Program: LFP provides compensation to eligible livestock producers that have suffered grazing losses due to drought or fire on land that is native or improved pastureland with permanent vegetative cover or that is planted specifically for grazing.

Livestock Indemnity Program: LIP provides benefits to livestock producers for livestock deaths in excess of normal mortality caused by adverse weather or by attacks by animals reintroduced into the wild by the federal government.

Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish: ELAP provides emergency assistance to eligible producers of livestock, honeybees and farm-raised fish for losses due to disease (including cattle tick fever), adverse weather or other conditions such as blizzards and wildfires, not covered by LFP and LIP.

Tree Assistance Program: TAP provides financial assistance to qualifying orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes and vines damaged by natural disasters.

2017 Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program: 2017 WHIP provides disaster payments to agricultural producers to offset losses from devastating wildfires during 2017.

Loans for losses to crops, trees, livestock, farmland and farm property

The Emergency Loan Program provides loans to help producers recover from production and physical losses due to drought, flooding, other natural disasters, or quarantine. Emergency loan data by state and fiscal. Year is provided here.

The Disaster Set-Aside Program provides producers who have existing direct loans with FSA who are unable to make the scheduled payments to move up to one full year’s payment to the end of the loan. Assistance is available in counties, or contiguous counties, who have been designated as emergencies by the president, secretary or FSA administrator

Farmland damage

The Emergency Conservation Program provides assistance to producers if their land was damaged by a natural disaster and needs conservation practices.


• The Sonoma County Farm Bureau is helping to connect members with hay, water and other resources necessary for livestock, fundraising to help those with livestock who have been impacted by the fires and working closely with the Sonoma County Sheriff’s office and other agencies to help farmers and ranchers access their livestock and properties. Contact us if you need help with livestock transportation or need feed or water for displaced livestock.

The Sonoma RCD will be immediately available to provide technical assistance site visits. Staff will meet with the landowners at their property and provide advice on natural resource issues such as post-fire erosion or damage to trees and forests. Contact: Shannon Drew at 707-569-1448 ext. 110.