The Cotati City Council has unanimously placed local Measure S on the November 2020 ballot. If enacted, Measure S would continue Measure G, the existing locally controlled funding to maintain identified community priorities including:
• Local 911 emergency dispatch and police department services
• Maintaining domestic violence response services
• Preparing for emergency and natural disaster response
• Fixing potholes and repairing streets to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists and driver including local first responders
• Clean, safe parks and youth and senior recreation programs.
Measure S would maintain a reliable source of local funding without increasing tax rates. No funding could be taken by the state. Measure S would continue to require oversight by the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee and be subject to mandatory financial audits.
Visit cotaticity.org for more information.