The Sonoma County Library now offers Express Services six days a week (plus Sundays at Central Library in Santa Rosa).
“Express Services will allow those who have limited access to our online library, or who miss their in-person library experience, to join us in reopening gradually and safely,” said Sonoma County Library Director Ann Hammond.
Beginning April 26, 11 regional libraries in the county began to open twice a day, for one-hour sessions, at less-than-normal capacity. For some, this may mean not getting into the library as often as before, but Hammond urges patience. “As the county moves into higher tiers and more people are vaccinated, our services will expand.”
“We know we can’t serve everyone online, so we’re glad to be able to offer in-person services once again,” Hammond said. “While our libraries may look a little different, we’re committed to providing our communities with the great service they know and love, while prioritizing the safety of all.”
During Express Services, in-person services will be available:
• Browsing and checking out books, CDs, DVDs and more
• Computer use, including self-service scan, print and fax
• Free 24/7 WiFi access
• Visitors are required to wear a properly fitting face covering, follow social distancing guidelines and follow the posted signage and verbal directions of library staff
• Patrons will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entry
• Food or drink inside the library are not permitted
• Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms
In addition to the guidelines above, the library is working to protect the safety of patrons and staff:
• Limiting occupancy inside the library
• Promoting touchless service, like self-checkout and “Click & Collect” curbside pickup
• Disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly
• Installing plexiglass at service desks
• Placing social distancing markers and signs throughout the library
• Providing hand sanitation stations throughout the library
• Letting returned items sit before being circulated
Sonoma County Library will continue to offer extensive services online and by telephone. For more information about Express Services, please visit sonomalibrary.org.