Governor Newsom in collaborations with Governors of Washington and Oregon and with the help of Dr. Sonia Angell announced six indications we must achieve to move towards a soft opening.Dr. Angell elaborated on these indications and how they can be achieved.
1) To monitor and protect our communities through testing, continue tracking, isolating and supporting those who are positive or exposed
2) To prevent infection in people who are at risk for more severe COVID-19
3) The ability of hospitals and health systems to handle surges
4) To develop therapeutics to meet the demand
5) The ability for businesses, schools and child care facilities to support physical distancing
6) To determine when to reinstitute certain measures, such as the Stay-At-Home orders, if necessary.
If all these abilities are achieved and only then Gov. Newsom will look at the soft opening of California.They are doing all in their power and ability to achieve such goals.This information was gathered from their news conference today April 14, 2020. Next update is projected in two weeks. It is up to all of us to be vigilant and do this together to get California back to some normalcy. Safe physical distancing will be the key in transitioning out of shelter-in -place, so therefore, hospital numbers will need to flatten before shelter-in-place is lifted. In two weeks if we see a continual decline and are able to get plenty of PPE then we will get back to you the first week of May.