The City of Rohnert Park would like to update to our residents on city services and facilities in light of the Coronavirus situation. Our first priority is protecting the health of our residents and employees, which is why we are making changes. We also strive to provide quality services during these difficult times and appreciate the patience of our residents and businesses as we adjust. We strongly encourage all to follow the latest guidance from health authorities, including frequent hand-washing, staying home if ill, and practicing social distancing.
There are no changes in police patrol or fire and emergency response, water delivery, or sewer services. While most other city services remain available, we are making some adjustments until further notice. These include:
1. Rohnert Park City Hall is operating, although the front counters are closed until further notice. For residents seeking to pay their utility bill, they may mail their payment, pay online or set up automatic payments at www.rpcity.org, pay over the phone with our automated service (585-6700),or drop payments off in a drop box to the right of the city hall main entrance.
2. Residents needing water service or with an emergency request may call 585-6750. Recognizing the economic hardships some of our residents may be facing, we are not shutting off water service for lack of payment at this time.
3. Payments for Business Licenses, Animal Licenses, and all other invoices may be made by mailing payments to city hall, calling 585-6750, or dropping payments off at the drop box by the city hall main entrance.
4. Building permits are available to registered contractors through the city’s online permit services at https://rpccrw.rpcity.org/etrakit3/.
5. Building inspections are continuing. To schedule an inspection, please call 588-2239, or use the online permit service athttps://rpccrw.rpcity.org/etrakit3/. For other development-related questions please call 585-6719.
6. Sports fields are closed for group use to avoid gatherings of people.
7. Park restrooms are closed.
8. The Public Safety lobby is closed. For vehicle releases or other non-emergency inquiries, residents can call 584-2606 during normal business hours, Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The after-hours phone number is 584-2600. Report non-urgent property crimes online at https://www.rpcity.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=3347078. Dial 911 for emergencies.
9. Fire inspections are continuing. We may ask that those needing their facility inspected not be on site when an inspection occurs. To schedule an inspection, call 584-2641.
10. Code compliance remains active and is focusing on existing cases, responding to issues that city staff observe, and responding to concerns raised by residents. Those who have concerns should use the Go Request app, call 588-2249, or e-mail email@example.com.
11. The Council on Aging has suspended the lunch program at the Rohnert Park Senior Center, which is closed. Those who would like to have a 5 day meal pack delivered should contact Janet Hamilton at 321-2380 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jennifer Mangosong-Shankle at 525-0143, extension 110 or email@example.com.
12. The Rohnert Park Animal Shelter is closed to the public. Residents can make appointments for adoptions, reclaiming lost pets, and bringing in found strays. Residents can view adoptable animals on our website (RPAnimalShelter.org) and Facebook page (Facebook.com/rpanimalshelter), and 584-1582 for an appointment and leave a message so our staff can return the call.
Last week we announced changes in recreation programs and closure of related facilities.
The suspended gatherings include the following:
· All City of Rohnert Park Community Services recreation classes, activities, and programs
· All private rentals in city facilities
· Spreckels Performing Arts Center’s production of Galatea
The following city facilities are closed until further notice:
• Rohnert Park Community Center
• Rohnert Park Senior Center
• Callinan Sports and Fitness Center
• Honeybee Pool
• Gold Ridge Recreation Building
• Burton Ave Recreation Center
• Ladybug Recreation Building