|Rohnert Park-Cotati Library news
The musical group Rua Samba will perform at the Rohnert Park-Cotati Regional Library on Saturday, July 26, from 2-3 p.m. The trio of guitar, flute, percussion and bass presents Brazilian music in a program funded by the Friends of the Rohnert Park-Cotati Regional Library. The public is invited to attend free of charge.
• Our book discussion group meets next on Tuesday, Aug. 19, from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., discussing “Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand” by Helen Simonson. Copies of the book are available at the library information desk.
Basic library Internet
Learn to use the library catalog and databases on Tuesday, July 29. From 10-11 a.m. Sign up in advance, as space is limited to four people. You can sign up in person at the Reference/Information desk or call 584-9121 ext. 0920.
Read to a dog
The Read to a Dog reading program takes place each Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. and each Saturday from 2-3 p.m. Come sign up that afternoon to read to an appreciative dog.
Summer Reading Program
This year’s summer library program is called “Fizz! Boom! Read!” The program features a summer reading club with prizes for participants, story times and special events. There is also a teen summer reading program. Visit the library or the library’s webpage for more information.
• Digeridoo Down Under Australian Show with music, Thursday, July 17, 11 a.m.
• Traveling Lantern Theatre presents “Johnny Appleseed,” Wednesday, July 23, 5:30 p.m.
• Mad Scientist Lab (science crafts for everyone), Thursday, July 24, 11 a.m.
• Finale show with masks and mime, and clowning and fun (bilingual show), Thursday, July 31, 11 a.m.
Weekly Story time for Preschoolers
Fridays through July 25: Nursery Time for ages 0-35 months, 11 a.m.; Preschool story time for children 3-5, 11 a.m.
Programs for teens
Teen Cartooning Workshop, Wednesday, July 16, 2 p.m.; Teen Pony Beads Craft Program, Wednesday, July 30, 2 p.m.
Sign up at the Children’s Desk.
All events are free and open to the public. For more information, call the library at 584-9121 or visit www.sonomalibrary.org.