|Rohnert Park-Cotati Library news
All branches of the Sonoma County Library will be closed on Friday, July 4, in observation of Independence Day.
Adult programs Stony Point Ramblers
The Stony Point Ramblers will perform traditional old-time music featuring tight harmonies on mandolin, fiddle and guitar on Saturday July 12, from 2-3 p.m. The group is composed of Ernie Noyes on mandolin, Annie Haught on fiddle and Albert Farrens on guitar. The program is funded by the Friends of the Rohnert Park-Cotati Library. The public is invited to attend free of charge.
• Our book discussion group meets next on Tuesday, July 15, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., discussing “The Orchardist” by Amanda Coplin. Copies of the book are available at the library information desk.
Basic library Internet
Learn to use the library catalog and databases on Tuesday, July 29, from 10-11 a.m. Sign up in advance, as space is limited to four people. You can sign up in person at the Reference/Information desk or call 584-9121 ext. 0920.
Children’s programs Read to a dog
The Read to a Dog reading program takes place each Wednesday from 3:30-4:30 p.m. and each Saturday from 2-3 p.m. Come sign up that afternoon to read to an appreciative dog.
Summer reading program
This year’s summer library program is called “Fizz! Boom! Read!” The program began on Tuesday, June 10, and features a summer reading club with prizes for participants, storytimes and special events. There is also a teen summer reading program. Visit the library or the library’s webpage for more information.
• Dan Chan the Magic Man Magic Show, Thursday, July 10, 11 a.m.
• Digeridoo Down Under Australian Show with music, Thursday, July 17, 11 a.m.
• Traveling Lantern Theatre presents “Johnny Appleseed,” Wednesday, July 23, 5:30 p.m.
• Mad Scientist Lab (science crafts for everyone), Thursday, July 24, 11 a.m.
• Finale show with masks and mime, clowning and fun (bi-lingual show), Thursday, July 31, 11 a.m.
Weekly storytime for Preschoolers
Fridays from June 27-July 25 (except July 4): 10 a.m. Nursery Time for ages 0-35 months; and 11 a.m. for Preschool Storytime for ages 3-5.
Programs for teens
Please sign up at the Children’s desk: Teen Henna Craft, Wednesday, July 2 at 3:30 p.m.; Teen Origami program, July 9 at 2:00 p.m.; Teen Cartooning workshop, Wednesday July 16 at 2 p.m.; and Teen Pony Beads Craft program, Wednesday, July 30 at 2 p.m. Please sign up at the Children’s Desk.
All events are free and open to the public. For more information, call the library at 584-9121 or visit www.sonomalibrary.org.