|SC Library Commission seeks public input for new director
The Sonoma County Library Commission is looking for members of the public to participate on panels that will be interviewing candidates for Library Director on Thursday, April 3.
To be eligible to participate, individuals must commit to being present for a full day’s worth of interviews on April 3. They must have a current library card and reside in Sonoma County. In addition, they must have been previously engaged with the library in one or more of the following capacities:
• Former employee of the Sonoma County Library;
• Current or former volunteer with the Sonoma County Library;
• Former member of a Library Advisory Board;
• Former member of a friends of library group;
• Former member of the Sonoma County Library Foundation;
• Attended at least four Sonoma County Library Commission meetings.
The public members of the panels will be selected randomly from the pool of qualified applicants.
Interview panel members will be announced on Tuesday, March 25.
The panels will interview each of the finalists for library director and give feedback. The commissioners will then use that information to make the final selection.
To submit a name for consideration, contact Patrick Preston, Sonoma County Library Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 545-0831 ext. 1582. Completed applications must be received by 5 p.m., Monday, March 24.