|To ease registration concerns, SRJC plans Super Saturday
In order to make it especially easy for working people to register for spring semester, Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) has planned Super Saturday on Jan. 11. Typically, SRJC registration and other staff members don’t work on Saturdays. Many students can’t get to campus during the week to have their questions answered by knowledgeable staff.
This week, before classes begin on Jan. 13, many working adults want to register for everything from business administration and child development to English as a second language, computer studies and wine studies.
So, SRJC is hosting this event which includes:
• Admissions and records, counseling, financial aid, assessment, student ambassadors and accounting will all be open to help students;
• Santa Rosa and Petaluma campuses will have staff assisting the students from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.;
• Bookstores will be open on both campuses from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.;
• Parking will be free on both campuses on that Saturday;
• At the large local mall, the Santa Rosa Plaza (downtown Santa Rosa on 4th and B Streets), there will be staff available in the center of the mall from noon-6:00 p.m. to help prospective students register on the spot;
• And in addition to Jan. 11, there will also be SRJC staff at the Santa Rosa Plaza from now through Sunday, Jan. 12 from noon-6 p.m. daily.