|Santaís course set for RP toy delivery in holiday season
Christmas may be more than a month away, but the Rohnert Park Public Safety Officers Association (RPPSOA) currently is working to make it a bright holiday for families in need.
The RPPSOA is now accepting application forms for Rohnert Park families in need of assistance with gifts for newborn children up to 14 years old. Applications are available at the Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety main station, 500 City Center Dr.
They are also accepting donations of new unwrapped gifts at the main station, various locations around town and during the Santa Sleigh schedule. Anyone with questions can call (707) 584-2667.
Santa Claus will deliver the gifts throughout Rohnert Park between the dates of Dec. 4-18. The delivery schedule is as follows:
• Dec. 4 (F and H sections): Santa will drive through F & H sections with a 6:30 p.m. stop in the Hahn Elementary School (825 Hudis St.) parking lot.
• Dec. 6 (D and E Sections): After traveling through D and E sections, Santa stops at the fire station at 5200 Country Club Drive at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 7: From 5-8 p.m., Santa will be taking part in the Rohnert Park Chamber Holiday Light Celebration at City Center Plaza.
• Dec. 11 (S, J, R and C sections): Santa’s sleigh will stop at University Square (1451 Southwest Blvd.) to deliver to those in the R and C sections at 6 p.m., and then will go to the Community Center (5401 Snyder Ln.) at 7 p.m. to deliver gifts to those from the S and J sections.
• Dec. 13 (L and M sections): Santa will stop at L Park (8517 Liman Way) at 6 p.m. before making a 7:30 p.m. appearance at M Park (1401 Middlebrook Way).
• Dec. 14 (A and B sections): Those who live in the A and B sections can see Santa when he makes his stop in the 49er Pet parking lot (375 Southwest Blvd.) at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 18 (G section): Santa’s stop for the G section will be at G Park (1450 Golf Course Dr.) at 6:30 p.m.
For updated information, view the Rohnert Park Public Safety Officers Association on Facebook.