|CoDA launches weekly meeting Thursday at Arbor Room in RP
Codependents Anonymous (CoDA) will now meet each Thursday from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Arbor Community Room.
CoDA is a 12-step self-help program for codependents.
The typical codependent:
• Is not aware of how they feel and cannot identify their feelings;
• Tend to minimize, alter or deny the truth about how they feel;
• Tend to fear or worry about how others may respond to their feelings;
• Bolster their self-esteem by trying to solve other people’s problems;
• Look to other people to determine what to do, say or feel;
• Focus their attention on pleasing another person;
• Have difficulty acknowledging good things about themselves;
• Tend to judge everything they say or do harshly, by someone else’s standards;
• Have difficulty in forming and/or maintaining close relationships with others;
• Have to feel needed in order to have a relationship with others;
• Do not know or believe that asking for help is OK and normal;
• Assume responsibility for other people’s feelings.
The meetings are in the Arbor Community Room, located at 480 City Center Dr. in Rohnert Park. For more information, call (707) 490-4640 or (707) 486-3051.