|Sheep return to downtown Cotati
The City of Cotati on June 2 welcomed a flock of sheep back to the city-owned Veronda-Falletti Ranch. The ranch is located on the corner of East School Street and West Sierra Avenue.
The 3.6 acre Veronda-Falletti Ranch was acquired in 2008 through a grant from the Sonoma County Open Space District. The ranch was established in 1938 and has been used to raise sheep and chickens. When it was purchased by Cotati in 2008, three sheep remained on the property.
In a private/public partnership, the city entered into an interim agreement with Split Rail Farms of Penngrove to return livestock to the ranch for grazing. The interim agreement will remain in place until final programming is established in a public workshop with the city council.