|A new spin on controlling humidity and energy
(NAPS)—There’s good news for homeowners who want to control both the energy costs and humidity levels in their homes.
Continuing in the tradition of its best-in-class ventilation products, Broan-NuTone has expanded its revolutionary line of Broan and NuTone ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights with the addition of 16 models with ULTRA Sense Humidity- or Motion-Sensing Technology.
The new fans and fan/lights provide humidity- or motion-sensing capabilities while featuring the fastest, easiest, most universal installation to save contractors time and thus homeowners money. They also help meet stringent green building and ventilation codes.
The humidity-sensing models detect a rapid rise in humidity to turn single-speed fans ON and multi-speed fans from low to high. This means that they will react to shower humidity much faster than other competitive fans or wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached. Users can enjoy a humidity-free, comfortable environment much more quickly when taking a bath or shower. The motion-sensing models are equipped with a sensor that turns multi-speed fans to high when someone walks into the room and reduces fan speed to low after a user-adjustable time delay.
By automatically turning the fan ON or up to maximum speed after sensing a rise in humidity or movement, ULTRA Sense Technology can help prevent mold and mildew caused by excess moisture in a room. Likewise, by automatically reducing fan speed to OFF or low, ULTRA Sense Technology helps reduce wasteful energy costs.
In addition, the fans and fan/lights with ULTRA Sense technology provide the five benefits of the original ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights:
• ULTRA Quick Installation Technology: The fan can be installed in minutes in retrofit applications.
• ULTRA Green Energy-Saving DC Motor: ULTRA offers extremely energy-efficient operation—well beyond ENERGY STAR® requirements.
• ULTRA Silent Sound Technology: All models operate at less than 0.3 sones for an extremely relaxing environment.
• ULTRA Lucent Lighting Technology: To brightly illuminate rooms for most any task, ULTRA comes with two 18-watt ENERGY STAR–qualified bulbs.
• ULTRA Smart Control Technology: The entire ULTRA line maintains powerful operation over a wide range of real-world installations.
According to fan expert Patrick Nielsen, “Because ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights help contractors save time on installation, homeowners save money. They also provide long-lasting benefits to users, such as extremely quiet operation, unbelievable performance and, now, the ability to detect humidity or motion and either turn a singlespeed fan ON or increase the speed of a multi-speed fan.”
For more information, visit www.BroanULTRA.com and www.NuToneULTRA.com.