|New smartphone app improves your pictures
(NAPS)—Picture this: an app that turns your smartphone or other mobile device into a way to capture, edit and share photos without compromising the original quality of the photo.
In addition, it lets you explore and discover a world of gorgeous photography taken by others in a vast community.
The new app is designed to put the photo first and lets the photographer choose how to capture, share and discover images.
Here are a few tips to make picture making a snap:
• Try to match the height of the subject, such as kneeling down to snap a picture of a toddler. You’ll get better shots when you’re at eye level rather than angling the phone up or down.
• Take candid shots, not just posed photos. Some of the best pictures happen when subjects don’t realize they’re being photographed. Just be sure to get permission to upload.
• Pinch and zoom. You can pinch and zoom any photo so it looks crisp and clear, no matter how close you zoom in. Unless you’re aiming for a landscape shot, move in close for the best view of the subject. That way, you can capture more detail—a charming dimple or soft, pale blue petals. Try filling your frame with the subject.
• Use the photo editor. With it, you can quickly correct, crop, retouch or enhance your photos using cool custom filters. You simply tap the pencil icon in the filter screen and you can crop the photo, change the brightness, tune up the saturation and remove red eye.
• Apply a single filter to multiple photos at once. It’s easy to apply the same filter to multiple photos at once. You simply select the photos from your camera roll, then go to the filter screen and tap and hold the filter you want for your photos.
• Pay attention to the details. The back of the photo is sometimes just as important as the front. Every photo includes details on the type of camera, lighting and more—so others can see how you got the shot.
• Discover more. The new app lets you explore 8 billion photos from around the world. Many may prove an inspiration for your own picture taking. You can even follow your favorite people, places and groups.
• Share more. With this Flickr app, you can upload unlimited photos and instantly share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and e-mail.
Acquired by Yahoo! in 2005, Flickr continues to be one of the world’s most popular photo-sharing sites.
For more tips and facts about Flickr, visit www.flickr.com. The new Flickr for iPhone app is available to download in the Apple App Store.