|Cotati Historical Society to honor first Cotati School
Locals will share their memories of Cotati School on Sunday, Nov. 4 when the Cotati Historical Society hosts “An Afternoon of Cotati History.”
The public is invited to this event, which will be held in the Cotati Room behind city hall from 2-4 p.m.
The first Cotati School, a one-room building, was constructed in 1893 at the corner of what is now East School Street and West Sierra Avenue. Larger schools, always on the same site, replaced it until the final Cotati School was built in 1922. A wing for offices, classrooms and a multiuse room were added on the east side of the school in 1958.
In 1971, the school buildings were sold to the City of Cotati and have served as Cotati City Hall and meeting rooms ever since.
Admission is free, and refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Prue Draper at 795-5510.